Yulu is growing our social media team: we’re looking for our next Social Media Strategist.
Yulu is an award-winning PR agency founded on the principles of sharing stories that matter. Our clients are socially- and environmentally-progressive brands and nonprofits in the US and Canada. We?re looking for a social media strategist to join our team and expand how we use communications as a force for good.
Our Agency?s Culture
What?s most important to us is to be thoughtful, curious, and bold in how we approach our work. As colleagues, we continuously strive to maintain a culture that values empathy, positive reinforcement, and being solutions-oriented. With the media being a fast-paced world, so are we ? and we find the best way to sustain momentum is to go the distance together.
Who You Are
You specialize in social media marketing. You know how to make social media work in tandem with a brand?s content strategy, and how to develop social media strategies that feed into a brand?s communications and marketing strategy.
You are a thoughtful, concise communicator (unlike Mark Twain, you take the time to write a short letter) and you know what makes a compelling social impact story or soundbite. You have a sharp eye for aesthetics and have a knack for bringing abstract concepts to life through images, videos, or design. You know how to make a social media page engaging and cohesive. You are data-driven ? anything that you don?t know works, you test.?
You know where to look for the newest social media features, trends, and rules, and how to adapt them for brands. You understand the importance of making sure social media is accessible.
You?re able to thrive in a setting where you are the primary expert in your field, and you get to decide what you need to do your job well. You are energized when your work environment is a constant exchange of ideas, concepts and encouragement. You are adaptable, flexible, and open to new opportunities, even if they might throw your editorial calendar out of balance for the day.
- Effectively manage social media strategies for clients in the social impact sector
- Write and edit shareable social media posts while adapting to multiple brand voices
- Source or commission compelling, relevant, on-brand photography and short-form videos
- Grow audiences by delivering engaging social media and PPC campaigns with campaign budgets between $5,000 and $100,000
- Create multi-channel editorial calendars with both timely and evergreen content tailored for each social media channel
- Collaborate and consult with clients to adapt their stories into shareable text, photos and videos that support their brand image
- Turn the media hits our PR specialists land into channel content
- Generate reports to support our monthly/quarterly tracking reports
- Grow Yulu and Impact Relations? audiences using the power of content & social media
Your education, experience and skills
- 4-6 years of experience with social media marketing or digital marketing role
- Strong writing, editing and presentation skills
- Proven track record with creating and implementing social media strategies
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced workplace with multiple stakeholders
- Knowledge of the social impact and social enterprise space in a North American context
- Experience with Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics, UTM codes an asset
- Experience with creating simple graphic design assets (ie cropping images, adding text over images, creating an event headers)
- Knowledge of platforms that can support your work, such as Iconosquare, Linktree, and Hootsuite, HeyOrca and alternatives
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite?
Nice to have
- A background in graphic design, commercial or editorial photography, or video production or video editing
Salary: Commensurate with experience
If you are interested in learning more, please send your cover letter and CV, and case studies or other bragging rights to the attention of Jenna at firstname.lastname@example.org and we?ll contact you for an interview if we feel you?re a fit.
We thank all applicants for their interest but due to time constraints, we can only respond to the strongest candidates. We look forward to hearing from you.