How is your target audience finding you online? Digital marketing is a crucial arm of your communications efforts, and should always be factored in to your communications strategy.
What is digital marketing?
Digital marketing encompasses all online marketing efforts. This can include online advertising, email marketing, social media, influencer marketing and search engine optimization. Today we’ll focus on a few simple tips every business can implement to boost their online presence.
Keep your blog up to date.
Blogging regularly is a key search engine optimization (SEO) enhancer. Create a blog content calendar and schedule to ensure you’re frequently posting content that will appeal to your audience.
Yulu’s cheat sheet:
- Search for common trends and keywords to include through tools such as Google Trends, or even Twitter. This is a great way to jump in on timely conversations and ensure your post will be highly searchable
- Think of questions your audience might be typing into Google. This can make for the perfect title for your post!
- Scatter your top keywords throughout your post, specifically in the title, headings, subheadings, hyperlinked text, and tags
- Optimize images by including keywords in the jpg file name and a keyword-rich description
- Reference others with links ? this is not only good etiquette, but may land you a link back!
- Use social media to broaden the reach of your blog post
Garner online media coverage.
Online media coverage is an excellent way to organically boost your SEO. Say your restaurant lands on the Daily Hive’s round-up of the 13 most romantic restaurants in Vancouver ? you’re now not only getting more traffic to your website via the readers who take action to visit your website, but you’re more likely to rank in searches for “romantic restaurants in Vancouver”. Your media relations and digital marketing teams should be aligned on your SEO PR strategy. The same goes for influencer marketing and social media marketing efforts.
Treat digital marketing the way you would any of your communications efforts. You want to ensure your online presence is in-line with your broader communications strategy, and that all content (online ads, email marketing, blog and social media posts, etc.) is appropriately branded and true to your roots. Questions about building a communications strategy that is amplified through digital marketing??Get in touch.