January 27, 2021
Want to make a difference and feel inspired daily? Look no further.
Yulu is looking to welcome a Social Impact Strategist to our dynamic team of impact-driven communicators. If you’ve visited our website, or heard about us in passing, you probably know we’re a proud B Corp communications agency that is values-driven in the work we do and the clients we represent. As for our company culture, it’s strong; we not only like to work with each other, we have immense respect for one another. We’re a team of strategists, storytellers, and creatives with backgrounds including journalism, advertising, marketing, and political advocacy all committed to using communications as a force for good.
We’re looking for someone who isn’t afraid to think big and bold when it comes to ideas and results, someone who is thoughtful in everything they do, strives to have the greatest impact for their clients, is creative, curious, collaborative and, importantly, isn’t shy of hustling. We embrace a bit of edginess and encourage our team to challenge one another to achieve the best outcomes.
Our Social Impact Strategist will be a key member of the management team and will develop and execute the company’s Impact & sustainability strategies on its path to become an industry leader.
In return, you’ll get to work with some of the most socially- and environmentally-progressive organizations across North America, manage an international team, and help evolve our agency culture, which we happen to think is already pretty awesome. Open vacation included – how’s that for starters?
Yulu is an award-winning communications agency founded on the principles of sharing stories that matter. Our clients are socially- and environmentally-progressive brands and nonprofits in the US and Canada. We’re looking for a Social Impact Strategist to join our team and expand how we use communications as a force for good.
Our Agency’s Culture
What’s most important to us is to be thoughtful, curious, and bold in how we approach our work. As colleagues, we continuously strive to maintain a culture that values empathy, positive reinforcement, and being solutions-oriented. With the media being a fast-paced world, so are we, and we find the best way to sustain momentum is to go the distance together.
Here’s a sample of what a day in the life of a Yulu Social Impact Strategist might entail…
- Developing and executing comprehensive impact/brand purpose strategies for our clients and build long-term critical metrics that deliver measurable change, using Theory of Change modelling and other planning tools to develop strategic plans with ambitious goals
- Coaching team members on how to apply greater positive impact to an upcoming creative campaign
- Pitching and closing an exciting new social enterprise partner alongside Yulu’s founder
- Playing a key role in building Yulu’s Impact Strategy Division by proposing new ideas to help advance areas to enhance and improve Yulu’s impact suite of services
- Hosting a lunch & learn for the team on your designated UN SDG
- Sitting in on a client meeting to ensure authenticity, transparency and purpose is considered in all initiatives and communications
- Playing an active role within the local and international B Corp community – from community engagement to collaborating with Yulu’s Ops team to increase the company’s B Impact Assessment score
- Establishing and driving the key programming and impactful strategic partnerships required to deliver our clients’ social impact and sustainability strategy, with a particular focus on equity. This might include leading an in-depth planning session and drafting reports and other materials that summarize initiative strategic plans
- Offering all staff positive feedback and coaching on impact consultancy and brand purpose strategy skills
- Vetting new business prospects to ensure alignment with Yulu’s social mandate
- Ensuring Yulu’s year-end impact report transparently reflects authentic impact
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience in impact consultancy, preferably in an agency or client services capacity (agency or in-house); 3+ years experience developing program plans and/or organizational impact strategies
- Experience in a design consultancy or an in-house innovation center an asset
- Proven experience taking an idea from theory and analysis to launch: designing, developing, and executing initiatives from beginning to end, creating KPIs and metrics to track progress and measure success
- Experience developing Theory of Change models and/or using other planning tools and methodologies in applied policy settings
- Experience using participatory research methods, partnering with impacted communities, or working with advocacy movements
- Experience managing cross-functional teams with the ability to pull together various, and sometimes conflicting, inputs into a common point of view
- Ability to take individual ownership and work collaboratively. Possess collaboration skills and experience mentoring and supporting colleagues with diverse skill sets
- Ability to work in a high paced environment managing to tight deadlines, influencing stakeholders, and delivering with flawless execution
- Ability to utilize unique perspective and skills to create new initiatives that catapult this work forward
Salary: Commensurate with experience; Yulu also offers a competitive benefits package
If you are interested in learning more, please send your cover letter and CV, and any other bragging rights to the attention of Jenna at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll contact you for an interview if we feel you’re a fit.
We thank all applicants for their interest but due to time constraints, we can only respond to the strongest candidates. We look forward to hearing from you.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.