Want to make a difference and feel inspired daily? Look no further.
Yulu is looking to welcome a PR Account Director to our dynamic team of social impact communicators. If you’ve visited our website, or heard about us in passing, you probably know we’re values-driven in the work we do and the clients we represent. As for our company culture, it’s strong; we not only like one another, we have respect for one another. We’re a team of strategists, storytellers, and creatives with backgrounds including journalism, advertising, marketing, and political advocacy – all committed to using communications as a force for good.
We’re looking for someone who isn’t afraid to think big and bold when it comes to ideas and results, someone who is thoughtful in everything they do, strives to have the greatest impact for their clients, is creative, curious, collaborative and, importantly, isn’t shy of hustling. We embrace a bit of edginess and encourage our team to challenge one another to achieve the best outcomes. The ideal candidate has a minimum of 6 years’ experience in a PR agency or in-house communications capacity.
In return, you’ll get to work with some of the most socially- and environmentally-progressive organizations across North America, manage an international team, and help evolve our agency culture, which we happen to think is already pretty awesome. Open vacation included – how’s that for starters?
PR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR | FULL JOB DESCRIPTION:
– Support leadership team in finding ways to improve and grow the company in a way that is aligned with the company’s short- and mid-term vision and positioning as a global impact relations agency
– Seek ways to improve and grow the company on an ongoing basis (network, knowledge)
– Monitor team energy, motivation and happiness levels, sharing updates with leadership team, and solutions if needed
– Participate in and help drive Yulu outings, activities, and quarterly goal setting sessions
– Conduct Yulu training sessions/lunch & learns
– Champion Yulu’s B Corp status and community, as well as other networks in purpose-driven industries
– Manage regular reporting system for key company/account/team updates with Directors
– Support in ensuring the company is profitable
– Demonstrate the ability to continually apply and improve operational efficiencies
– Provide ongoing input on the company’s operations, growth strategy, and brand direction
– Directly supervise a team of 3-5 employees under “Team Atlantic” (B2B) and “Team Columbia” (B2C)
– Support in attracting and retaining top talent, monitoring team structure and employee progress; input on when raises and promotions are warranted
– Mentor, coach and empower team to perform to the best of their abilities with a focus on account leads; help leadership team identify strengths of team members and invest in these areas
– Lead one-on-one huddles with direct reports and participate in bi-annual reviews
– Attend management training, courses, workshops, etc. to continue professional development in the areas of social impact and leadership
Client Account Direction
– Provide ongoing senior strategy, consultancy and guidance on all accounts that is global in reach
– Ensure client retention goals are achieved each quarter and are prioritized throughout the agency
– Responsible for delivering high quality client service, consultancy and work on time across all accounts
– Uphold the highest global communications standards for quality control and client services
– Able to drive and oversee the strategic impact communications process from start to finish
– Ensure all client strategies are kicked off effectively and with strategic and creative input; ensures strategy and creativity remain at the forefront of campaigns
– Ensure monthly strategies are accurate, aligned with strategic communications plan, results-focused, and results are on track for success by the month’s end
– Possess a strong baseline knowledge of clients’ industry; demonstrate the ability to assist in developing strategies in specialty areas
– Set a high standard for organized delegation (to whom, by when, to this standard, etc.)
– Conduct and participate in client brainstorming sessions
– Proactively seek out ways to advance our service offering and global media knowledge by staying on top of global industry news, trends, technology and tools
– Support the team in securing home-run media placements in top-tier media outlets (national, international, mainstream broadcast)
– Coach and assist team in developing global pitching strategy (goals, media and influencer targets, material preparation, timings, team responsibilities)
New Business & Networking
– Demonstrate a proven track record of renewing business and growing key accounts, particularly international accounts
– Identify opportunities for upselling client services
– Look for opportunities to grow project accounts and convert projects into retainers
– Present the agency and its credentials effectively
– Network with industry contacts, attends industry events, looks for new business opportunities
– Work closely with the founder to prospect, pitch & close new business
Other requirements: Bachelors degree (or equivalent), minimum of 6 years’ experience in a PR agency or in-house communications capacity
Salary: Commensurate with experience, ranging between $75,000 – $90,000 + competitive extended benefits & incentives
Terms: Permanent, full-time. Open to remote applicants
If you are interested in learning more, please send your cover letter and CV, and any other bragging rights to the attention of Jenna at email@example.com and we’ll contact you for an interview if we feel you’re a fit.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We thank all applicants for their interest but due to time constraints, we can only respond to the strongest candidates. We look forward to hearing from you.
We acknowledge with gratitude that Yulu’s HQ in Vancouver is located on the unceded territory of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.