You’ve met our Social Media Manager, now it’s time to get up close and personal with Yulu’s very own “Pitching Queen”, Ashley Letts…
1. What do you love most about working on Granville Island?
So many answers to choose from. I love looking out my window to see False Creek, the Burrard Bridge, and False Creek Ferries bobbing to and fro. What do I like least? A certain insufferable busker or two.
2. What can’t you leave the house without?
Mascara on. Blond broads don’t have eyelashes without mascara.
3. Any other career dreams before you ventured out into the PR world?
The most notable was novelist. I’m hoping it can still happen later on.
4. What is your super power strength that you think makes you rock at your job?
Chutzpah combined with a way with words. Pitching was a little scary at first – now I love it.
5. What’s the most exciting piece of media coverage you’ve earned this year?
I landed a client on CNN’s morning news with Randi Kaye earlier this year.
6. What inspires you?
People. Their stories, their outlook, their resilience. Nature, music, the city.
7. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Never having to worry that a reporter won’t take my call.
8. What’s your most used gadget or electronic aside from your phone?
You’re expecting me to keep my answer clean, right?
9. Finish the sentence:
On a Friday night you could find me… depending on how long Happy Hour lasts, either enjoying a cocktail out with friends or passed out peacefully by 8pm.
10. What’s your favourite:
- Iphone app? Instapaper. You don’t think you need a glorified bookmark app, but it’s fantastic.
- Magazine? The Economist.
- Website? The Tyee. Okay, and Dlisted.
- Newspaper? The Globe and Mail
- Music to listen to while working? Hot Chip, The xx, Notorious BIG or Janet Jackson